An excellent review of the current state of knowledge about the effects of polypharmacy has recently been published in Expert Opinion on Drug Safety – the original resource can be viewed here.
- Blood glucose at hospital discharge – lower is not necessarily better
- Risperidone and osteoporotic bone fractures
- DOACs appear safer than warfarin after mild traumatic brain injury
- Understanding of potential interactions between apixaban and non-prescribed drugs
- Lithium in pregnancy – increased risk, but some benefits too